This e-Seminar is the final installment of the series on structure searching on STNext. This session covers in more detail some concepts discussed in the previous sessions on Multi-database Structure Searching on STNext and The STNext Structure Editor, as well as answering questions that have been received during the first two e-Seminars and also questions asked of the STN help desks or at in-house visits. These questions and-or concepts include –
1. Explain the differences between the STN generic nodes and the Derwent superatoms, and when should I use which system?
2. Explain the various role indicator systems for DCR/DWPIM substances and REGISTRY/MARPAT substances.
3. Explain the attributes in more detail, especially including atom counts.
4. Explain the Match Level attributes again – Atom, Class and Any. Please show examples of what each attribute captures.
5. I searched a structure with a ARY node and the system returns some records that have HEF at that node in DWPIM. Please explain.
5a. I also searched the ARY node with the attribute of monocyclic and it still returned HEF. Why?
6. I have heard Closed Substructure Searches mentioned in many training sessions but it has never been explained. Would you please explain that?
7. How do you define Fragments for R groups?
8. How do I search structure queries within a subset?
9. Explain how to search organometallic compounds in the various databases.
All of these questions and more are addressed during this e-Seminar.